The Board of Secondary Education was setup in the year 1951 under an Act of the State Legislature known as the West Bengal Secondary Education Act of 1950.The main objectives of the west Bengal board of secondary education:-
- We aim to regulate, control and develop secondary education of the State.
- We aim to conduct the School Final Examination.
- Our consideration is to conduct all examination related works and other administrative works save the management of schools are being done by the four Regional Council offices in Kolkata, Burdwan, Midnapore and North Bengal from 1974.
- Our consideration is to conduct of Camp Offices in districts for distribution of examination related papers to the students and the concerned schools.
- Our consideration is to conduct the publication of results of Secondary Examination in the WEBSITE
- Our consideration is to conduct the operating help-lines during examination.
- Our consideration is to conduct the publication of Parshad Barta, a periodic organ (from December 1974) which acts as a forum for sharing of experiences and views.
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) is a state located at , Kolkata in Kolkata district of West Bengal, India.
Chancellor /Dean: Not Specified
Vice Chancellor: Not Specified
Number of Faculty: Not Specified
Sutdent Intake: Not Specified (Under grads) , Not Specified (Post grads)
Academic Start date: Not Specified
Exam Pattern: Not Specified
Campus Type: Urban
Campus Area: Not Specified