12 Mar 2018
Type: Admission Notices
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into PhD Program in Cognitive Science Commencing from July 2018 (2018-19-I Semester).
- MA/M.Sc. / M. Phil/MS/equivalent degree (Cognitive Science/ Psychology/ Linguistics / Philosophy / Anthropology / Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Statistics/Biosciences/related disciplines) with a minimum of 60% or 6.0/10 (grade point average) in the qualifying degree.
- A valid score/qualification in GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/other equivalent exams.
- Applicants from IITs with a grade point average of 8.0/10 (or equivalent) are exempted from the GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET requirement.
- M.Tech/ME/MD (any branch) with a minimum of 60% or 6.0/10 (grade point average) in the qualifying degree.
- B.Tech/BE (any branch), BS (4-year program) (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Biosciences/ related sciences), MBBS. Applicant must have a minimum of 75% or 7.5/10 in the qualifying degree.
- Applicants should have a valid score/qualification in GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/NET/ another equivalent exam. Applicants from CFTIs (centrally funded technical institutions) with a grade point average of 7.5/10 (or equivalent) and those with an MBBS degree are exempted from the GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/NET requirement.
- Applicants found suitable for admission will be shortlisted for an entrance test and interview at IIT Kanpur. Final admission will be based on the performance in the entrance test and interview.
- There is no provision for offline submission of application forms. Applicants must provide the details of at least two persons who can provide reference letters [Reference Letter Format] in support of candidature of applicant through an email at:
Prof. Harish Karnick
Cognitive Science IDP
Email: [email protected]
- The Application Fee is Rs.400/- for General and OBC applicants and Rs.200/- for SC/ST and all PwD applicants. The fee must be paid online through debit card or credit card or internet banking available at payment gateways provided in the online application portal.
- Start Date for Online Submission of completed Application Form: June 2018 (00:00 Hrs)
- Last Date for Online Submission of completed Application Form: July 2018 (23:59 Hrs)
- Commencing from July 2018